Thursday, November 18, 2010

A trip back home


Sitting in the library with a resolution to improve my scores. I have a a small three line time table in hand describing the next three hours. No disturbances. Silently in a corner of the room full of books i sit in a three walled table. I have the right page open in front of me.
Dad is online. I ask about everyone and get back to the page. Mind isn't there. I shut my eyes to find where it went...
And i see/feel...
I'm sitting right beside mom and telling what i was doing at office... but actually im sitting in a straight chair in the library.
I have a plate in front of me with rice,Dal,bhaji,raita and a fridge full of items that would run us days and I would be oblivious to when it gets empty and fills back...
I am sitting in front of the TV chatting with my grandma how illogical some series can be ...
I see my bro grow up... I see myself on a couch that was chosen by me ...I have a PC though infested viruses umpteen times but i love it coz it was my first owned PC. I could fight for it...I feel the happiness of having an enlightening family discussion and an argument with dad as if I was a biggie already..
I stand in the kitchen of my house...seeing the marble , whose every crack and scratch is known to me. I stand on the tiles of my house , cool and smooth. The fan rotates giving the feeling of a slight breeze within the house... I have a phone that has gone dead at times but i know the keys and dial any of my friends numbers..no std worries....
I stand at the grocery store and I know the bhaiya ..he gives me a smile and gets me what I asked for...Now back home, I leave my things on the table and leave as if I have never been taught to be careful...
Deep inside i know I am far but yet, all these details have survived.
I open my eyes and I am back in the brick walled 9 floor library(yes it is huge and I am proud to be here).My cheeks feel wet and cold...But I loved the journey and never knew I could get so far away and feel so close while I day dream.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant!! you should be proud of urself for writing that :)
    though i hope you r not homesick

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kate....thats exactly what happened so no translations were needed :) Oh yes i do get homesick at times :) but im good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its good to know that you are also a family animal.. never knew you are so good at "feeling" things. keep writing..

    ReplyDelete