Sunday, October 10, 2010

Raleigh


Twas great experience landing in a foreign country with only a couple of newly made friends. It was great because everything ahead was full of uncertainty and yet it was fun.
That hardly happens normally.

Raleigh isnt like the America we see in the movies. Its life is its University and its events, unlike NewYork where the life is the hustle bustle of money making people. The town is painted with the theme of the University and the spirit comes alive at the University football(which is not the indian football which is called soccer here) matches. The apparel stores in the Campus sell almost everything with a NCSU symbol on it. Right from shirts to slippers bottles, laptops etc.


People of all sizes, shapes and colors are accomodated and accepted here with equal respect unlike in India. Nobody actually interfers in each others lives. The best part of the people here is that they are the most "Free" people I have seen in my life. They are never held by any inhibitions of living in society because the society is open enough to accomodate vast differences(in people) and frequent changes(in the status quo). I hope I am able to attain atleast a little of the freedom that they withold. And like our people there are good bad and the ugly but intensity of each is higher. The good are more good. The bad are bad enough but not enough to crush the good. And ugly...I guess thats perspective-specific.

In all, a lovely place and Im loving it :)

3 comments:

  1. gr8 :) the freedom is what is nice...nothing else :)
    dnt kno..bt sometimes I will maybe, not like too much of freedom, I would need people to interfere and take care of me and tell me if I am going wrong ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. But the freedom here is not from people re. Its from inhibitions. And even when you are free you have friends here. SO no matter what you do, you will always find yourself a company coz there are people with vast variety of interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey..! hmm.. every city has a specific type of ppl I believe! Nice place it must be! Enjoy ur freedom :) m sad.. m gonna lose it soon :(

    ReplyDelete